Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend ... easy does it

Hyper-links ... today I will try making a hyperlink in this blog. In my first post I made reference to Luna's activity in two cooking groups. One is called The Daring Cook. Her first venture was ricotta gnocchi. She made her own ricotta. The whole process sounded like fun and resulted in a light, airy gnocchi. Yum!



Last Friday I had a second theraputic epidural (READ: steroid injected into the disk between L4 and L5). The first injection was 4 weeks earlier, but it's effectiveness was short lived. Supposedly, the second injection should be better. This weekend I made sure I planned nothing more active than sitting. I spent a good part of the weekend sorting and organizing beads. I barely made a dent in the project, but I did get it started. Starting is always the hardest part, isn't it?



On Sunday, The Mister and I met up with Wylie and Shawna at Campagnia for Jazz Brunch. We met Caitlyn, Shawna's daughter ... our new granddaughter. She is a keeper. I told her that I had been looking forward to meeting her and she said she had, too. That made me smile. She easily joined in conversation. We didn't get to talk very much since we were seated next to the Jazz ensemble so the music was a tad bit louder than our conversing level, but we chatted a little. At nine years of age, she is enthusiastic about doing arts and crafts ... how lucky is that for me? She will fit in perfectly to our family. I look forward to getting to know her more ... she's my granddaughter. I love being a grandma ... MeeMaw



On Monday, The Mister and I went to the movies. We saw Star Trek. It was a perfect start to the summer movies ... at least for us it was a perfect start. We are both science fiction fans and had followed Star Trek on TV and at the movies ... not to the point of being tagged Trekkies, by any means, but to the point of enjoying the concept and in many parts the scripts and acting. This film did not let us down. This script reflected some of the humor that was so much a part of the TV series and the actors captured much of the characteristics of the original characters.



After the movie we ventured over to BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse. While waiting for a table for dinner we sat at the bar, then decided to remain at the bar for dinner. We ordered two delicious appetizers, which for us is usually enough for dinner. The food was excellent: a thin crust pizza with fresh basil and sausage and chicken pot stickers ... yum! Unfortunately for me, the martinis (I had two) over powered me. The Martini was perfectly executed, which is why I had a second one. But, considering I had little to eat on Monday I became woozy ... motion sick. I went straight to bed when I got home and stayed there for over 12 hours. Remind me to limit myself to one drink!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to meet Caitlyn. I also can't wait to see Star Trek. I have heard over and over again that it is a good mo vie!

    ReplyDelete