Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Decissions .... Decissions

I tend to stay up late ... really late ... into the wee hours of the morning. The Mister falls asleep around 8pm ... on the couch ... wandering up to bed around 9:30 or so. The Mister, like a good farmer and early-to-bed guy, awakens before sunrise. Once he is awake he cannot go back to sleep. I awaken around 7:30, just as The Mister is driving off to the theatre scene shop. While I can easily go right back to sleep, even after a shower (much to his demise), I get out of bed, grab a cuppa joe, sit in the sunny window and ponder my day. As the summer comes on, no sitting in a sunny window ... too hot! HA!

On the rare occasion I awake early enough to make breakfast while he showers. Today I awoke while he was dressing ... part of our conversation went something like this:

me: what the weather like today? (he watches The Weather Channel AND reads the daily newspaper every single day)
he: 99
me: I thought it seemed rather still outside (a sure sign of high temps this time of year)
he: very still... but, it's supposed to get down into the 80's next week
he: Friday is my last day
me: THIS Friday?
he: yeah ... I DID work all the Holidays
me: yes you DID ... !

I chuckled to myself because I have been asking when he was finished for the season. Typically it's the last day of school. Last week his answer was no different: June 12. This annoyed me because he worked hard thru all those times he was "supposed" to be off ... grrrr! Now, I am excited because our summer starts earlier than I had anticipated. I love having The Mister home.

As I list all of the things I'd like to do and the places I'd like to go I am reminded that my back is in a healing process. I must limit my activities and the extent to which, where and how I travel. The recent weekend road trip brought me home rather exhausted and aching. I must ... MUST ... allow the latest steroid epidural do it's job. This is a hard learning process for me since I have always ... had always ... been strong and capable and independent.

The Mister just called: The Lion King has a permanent installation in Vegas. I had checked into going to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood in concert at several venues including Vegas, but all that remain are nose bleed seats ... no thanks. So, I had written off a trip to Vegas. Since The Lion King is now a permanent installation I am wondering if I should pursue it for a summer event, or let it ride until later in the year. The Holidays? I wonder what next year's theatre season has in store? Will The Mister get the Holidays off or will he end up working them ... again ... sigh.

I DO know I will work on taking the train over the Sierra this summer. This is a trip I hae been talking about for a couple of summers, now. It's time to either DI IT or drop it from the list! The extent of the trip is what is up in the air. How far to go ... how long to stay where we go ... ??? Mid July we head to Tahoe for a short week (Wednesday to Monday) for Jon and Julie's wedding. Shortly after our Tahoe trip we fly with Woody and Kathie to Oshkosh for the AirVenture show. This year we are talking about flying into Canada for a few days.

So, considering what is already in store for the summer, perhaps it would be best if I stayed ... laid ... low for most of June and early July. I can always continue with home decorating I have started ... and continue reducing my craft supplies by 80%. But, it's summer ... travel is in the air.


Such a dilemma!

1 comment:

  1. If that train heads my way, I would like you to take the train. *wink, wink*

    ReplyDelete