Sunday, May 24, 2009

Why THIS Blog?

Here I sit in the middle of the night writing my first post. I have tried keeping diaries and journals in the past only to quit after a short term. While I write notes in my head, they never seem to make it to page. The irony is that I tend to forget what I wrote in my head. So, knowing that I have failed, miserably, at keeping diaries and journals in the past, why would I start a blog? Why now? The answer is fairly simple: my daughter.

My daughter, Luna, while visiting for the Chrismas Holidays (2008) told me about Project 365 ... or is it The 365 Project ... I'll have to look this up ... I digress ... back to Luna and the project: take a picture every day and post it. My son, Wylie, and his new bride, Shawna, gave me a new digital camera for Mother's Day. I think the idea of taking apicture everyday is marvelous. I have been admiring the variety of pictures Luna has taken. Many are as would be expected: pix of my darling grandkids (hey, they ARE darling and funny). And, there are pix of ordinary things: top of the dresser, for example. Yes, I could have created a page on my website and posted a picture a day there. True. yes.

Ok ... here's nuther Luna reason I started this blog: she recently joined ... was accepted to ... two cooking events (one baking and the other cooking). A recipe is given each month, each member prepares it and writes about it in their (or would that be on their) blog. Well, hey, I rather enjoy cooking. This would be fun ... I'd get to do two things I love. I'd be cooking AND spending time with my daughter, albeit, long distance. For a brief time (about a year or so) Luna and family moved back home while my dear son-in-law, Chris, finished up his bachelor's degree. During this time Luna and I cooked together. I loved our cooking sessions. Now, she is across country while Chris works on his Optometry degree. So, while we may not be cooking together in the same kitchen, at some point each month we wouldbe following the same recipe and on the same day post our results. That's sorta, kinda, like cooking together, isn't it? Well, ISN'T IT?

Finally, the third reason for creating this blog is me. I use the computer daily; why not post my ramblings occassionaly? And, that's what it will be ... my ramblings. No particular theme, subject or agenda.

2 comments: